Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "'Use the comlink'? Oh, my! I forgot. I turned it off."
The C1 personal comlink was a portable communications device produced by SoroSuub Corporation in operation during the Galactic Civil War. These comlinks were standard-issue for the stormtroopers of the Galactic Empire.
The C1 comlink was a small, cylindrical device with a mic grill on the top, an on/off switch fixed to the side and scrambler, transmitter and frequency code sequence controls inside the casing. The C1 could be tuned with sophisticated encryption algorithms to transmit and receive over secure frequencies, making it ideal for military applications. Within close range of an Imperial base, comlink signals were automatically boosted for optimum performance.
C1 comlinks were commonly used to supplement DH77 and DH107 helmet communication systems worn by Imperial stormtroopers. During his attempt to rescue Leia Organa onboard the first Death Star, Luke Skywalker kept in contact with C-3PO via a C1 comlink.
- Evasive Action: Recruitment
- Star Wars Adventures: Han Solo and the Hollow Moon of Khorya
- Star Wars Journal: The Fight for Justice (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Star Wars: Behind the Magic
- Arms & Equipment Guide
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 11 (GAR2–3, Garindan)
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Imperial Handbook: A Commander's Guide