|CR-20 troop carrier|
CR-20 troop carrier
Class 3 (Backup class 12)
The CR-20 troop carrier was armed with two double turbolaser cannons. It was sixty meters long and could carry up to forty clone troopers, twelve 74-Z speeder bikes, and their corresponding supplies. The carrier's crew consisted of two pilots, one communications officer, and three engineers.
Originally designed by the Corellian Engineering Corporation for use by its security forces, the Republic purchased surplus CR-20s one standard month after the First Battle of Geonosis. Despite this, they were widely unseen in the Republic Navy early in the Clone Wars. It was not until the Battle of JanFathal, where Anakin Skywalker piloted a CIS-owned CR-20 to rescue Republic Intelligence operative Hallena Devis, that the usefulness of the CR-20 Troop Carrier became evident. Generally, they were used in situations where the large Acclamator-class assault ships were impractical or unneeded.
- Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 11" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 17"
- The Clone Wars: No Prisoners
- Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 22"
- Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Volume 4 – "The Brink"
- Imperial Commando: 501st
- "Guide to the Grand Army of the Republic"—Star Wars Insider 84
- The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide