CR90 corvettes, also known as Alderaan Cruisers, Corellian corvettes, or blockade runners, were consular vessels manufactured by the Corellian Engineering Corporation. Two of these vessels were used in service of the planet Alderaan during the Clone Wars and the Galactic Civil War. These two vessels, Sundered Heart and Tantive IV, belonged to Senator Bail Organa. Several were used in the Battle of Endor.
Although the ships were not built as carriers, three RZ-1 A-wing interceptors could be attached to the docking rings, allowing a small escort to be with it.  They served as the backbone of the fledgling rebel fleet.
Fall of the RepublicEdit
The CR90 line was in service during the Clone Wars. Senator Bail Organa of Alderaan had two CR90 corvettes called the Sundered Heart and the Tantive IV, the latter of which he used to travel to Toydaria to negotiate a relief effort for the blockade on Ryloth. After the initiation of Order 66, Organa left Coruscant on the Sundered Heart, and went looking for surviving Jedi. He returned to Coruscant after rescuing Jedi Masters Yoda and Obi-Wan Kenobi.
After the fall of the Republic and the rise of the Galactic Empire, the CR90 continued to be used by Bail Organa during his tenure in the Imperial Senate. Organa traveled in the Tantive IV when he recovered R2-D2 and C-3PO from the rebels who operated on Lothal. Organa's rebel movement also used a number of CR90s. Ahsoka Tano, under the codename "Fulcrum", traveled in one when the rebels handed the Rodian informant Tseebo over to her. Three rebel owned corvettes were later used during the rescue of Lothal rebel leader Kanan Jarrus. Five CR90 corvettes served as part of the Phoenix rebel cell under the command of Jun Sato, in addition to the flagship, a Pelta-class frigate called Phoenix Home. After the loss of the flagship during a battle, Commander Sato took one of the corvettes, Liberator, as his new flagship. Another corvette, Transport 1, was used in an attempt to bring relief supplies to the starving people of Ibaar, but was destroyed by the Imperial blockade.
A number of years later, after the Alliance to Restore the Republic stole the plans to the Death Star, Princess Leia Organa traveled aboard the Tantive IV to bring the plans to Alderaan. However, her ship was intercepted by the Devastator over Tatooine. The Tantive attempted to escape, but a shot from the Star Destroyer crippled its engines, leaving it vulnerable to boarding.
- (as "Alderaan cruiser")
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes
- Star Wars Rebels: Rebel Power!
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Rey's Survival Guide
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Alderaan Cruiser. Star Wars Rebels (November 27, 2014). Retrieved on December 12, 2014. (screenshot)
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2
- ↑ Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars Rebels – "Wings of the Master"
- ↑ Heir to the Jedi
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ Tarkin (novel)
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Star Wars Rebels – "Fire Across the Galaxy"
- ↑ Star Wars: Darth Vader 2: Vader, Part II
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Star Wars Battlefront
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Supply Lines"
- ↑ Star Wars in 100 Scenes
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Droids in Distress"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Gathering Forces"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "The Lost Commanders"
- ↑ Battlefront: Twilight Company