While the CR90 would see initial use within the late Galactic Republic and Imperial Senate, many vessels would be appropriated by the early rebellion and Rebel Alliance against the First Galactic Empire, despite not being designed as a combat-oriented vessel.
Designed by the Corellian Engineering Corporation as a diplomatic ship, it would see use within the annals of the late Galactic Republic, Imperial Senate, and later as a combat craft in both the early rebellion and Rebel Alliance. Measuring 150 meters in length, it featured two dual and four single turbolaser turrets, and had the ability to reach a maximum speed of 950 kph. According to Luke Skywalker, some combat-outfitted CR90 ships could be equipped with six dual turbolasers. Capable of carrying an entire diplomatic escort, it had a passenger capacity in the hundreds. Although the ships were not built as carriers, three RZ-1 A-wing interceptors could be attached to the docking rings, allowing for a small escort. They would serve as the backbone of the early rebellion and Alliance. Though not particularly heavily armed, CR90s possessed enough forward firepower to destroy a Gozanti-class cruiser quite easily.
Fall of the RepublicEdit
The CR90 line was in service during the Clone Wars. Senator Bail Organa of Alderaan had a CR90 corvette called the Tantive IV, which he used to travel to Toydaria to negotiate a relief effort for the blockade on Ryloth.
After the fall of the Republic and the rise of the Galactic Empire, the CR90 continued to see service within the Empire, with several such cruisers parked at the R/M Facility Four deepdock at Belderone. Additionally, the corvette would continue to be used by Bail Organa during his tenure in the Imperial Senate.
Two CR90 Corvettes were part of the Botajef Defense Force, which was mobilized against the Empire when Governor Quesl declared the secession of Botajef from the Empire. Commodore Thrawn was able to put a stop to them with minimal casualties.
Leia Organa traveled in the Tantive IV when she recovered R2-D2 and C-3PO from the rebels who operated on Lothal. Organa's rebel movement also used a number of CR90s. Ahsoka Tano, under the codename "Fulcrum", traveled in one when the rebels handed the Rodian informant Tseebo over to her. Three rebel owned corvettes were later used during the rescue of Lothal rebel leader Kanan Jarrus. Five CR90 corvettes served as part of the Phoenix Cell under the command of Jun Sato, in addition to the flagship, a Pelta-class frigate called Phoenix Home. After the loss of the flagship during a battle, Commander Sato took one of the corvettes, Liberator, as his new flagship. Another corvette, Transport One, was used in an attempt to bring relief supplies to the starving people of Ibaar, but was destroyed by the Imperial blockade.
A number of years later, after the Alliance to Restore the Republic stole the plans to the Death Star, Princess Leia Organa traveled aboard the Tantive IV to bring the plans to Alderaan. However, her ship was intercepted by the Devastator over Tatooine. The Tantive attempted to escape, but a shot from the Star Destroyer crippled its engines, leaving it vulnerable to boarding.
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
- Star Wars Epic Yarns: A New Hope
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Mission to Mos Eisley" (Appears in flashback(s))
- (as "Alderaan cruiser")
- Star Wars Rebels: Rebel Power!
- Star Wars: Star Pilot
- Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Princess Leia: Royal Rebel
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Forces of Destiny: Tales of Hope & Courage (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Dawn of Rebellion
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- ↑ Star Wars Super Graphic: A Visual Guide to a Galaxy Far, Far Away
- ↑ Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Star Wars Rebels – "Wings of the Master"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Heir to the Jedi
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 Tarkin
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Star Wars: Thrawn
- ↑ Star Wars Battlefront
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Iron Squadron"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Supply Lines"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Droids in Distress"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Gathering Forces"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Fire Across the Galaxy"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "The Lost Commanders"
- ↑ Battlefront: Twilight Company
- ↑ Star Wars Battlefront II