|Chronological and political information|
- "Get a message to the fleet! We have to warn—"
- ―O'Niner's final words
CT-19-7409, nicknamed "O'Niner," was a clone trooper sergeant who served in the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars. In 22 BBY, he participated in both the opening battle and the Battle of the Celestial Wake and was later stationed at a listening post in the Rishi system that served as a lookout for impending Confederate attacks on nearby systems. When the station came under attack by Confederate battle droids, O'Niner ordered for a message to be sent to warn the Republic fleet. The droids, however, were jamming the station's signal, and O'Niner was killed defending the post.
- "Even though you're all new here, I shouldn't have to remind you that this quadrant is key to the Outer Rim."
- ―O'Niner, addressing his troops at the Rishi Station
The clone trooper sergeant CT-19-7409, nicknamed "O'Niner," was born and raised on the remote planet of Kamino. He served in the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars, and in 22 BBY, participated in the opening battle of the war on Geonosis as well as the Battle of the Celestial Wake. Later in the war, he was assigned to Rishi Station, a listening post on the moon of the planet Rishi. The outpost acted as an outer defense against the Confederacy of Independent Systems, as well as a lookout post to warn nearby systems of attacking Confederate forces. O'Niner commanded the other clone troopers stationed there, most of whom were "shinies"—new and inexperienced troopers whose armor was unscathed and shiny.
During the war's first year, a group of Confederate BX-series droid commandos attacked the station, taking the clones by surprise. O'Niner ordered for a message to be dispatched to the Republic fleet to warn them of the advancing Confederate forces, but the droids jammed their signal, preventing any messages from being transmitted. O'Niner was quickly killed by enemy fire, and the droids took the station, leaving only four troopers—Fives, Echo, Cutup, and Hevy—alive to warn the fleet of the impending Confederate attack. With the help of Commander CC-2224 and Captain CT-7567—nicknamed Cody and Rex, respectively—who were coming to inspect the listening post, the clones managed to warn the fleet, and the Confederate attack was prevented.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "You may not realize it yet Fives, but you landed on the most boring post in the Outer Rim."
" And one of the most important."
- ―Hevy and O'Niner
Sergeant O'Niner was completely loyal to the Republic, and his first concern was for its safety and that of the other clones, especially those back on Kamino. He also understood the importance of the Rishi outpost, even though many of the other troopers believed that it lacked action and excitement. His body was scarred from battles that he had served in during the war, and his brow even became furrowed from the stress of war.
Behind the scenesEdit
O'Niner made his only appearance in "Rookies," the fifth episode in Season One of The Clone Wars television series. He was voiced in the episode by Dee Bradley Baker, who voices all of the clone troopers in the television series. O'Niner's clone designation was revealed in the 2009 Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Visual Guide Ultimate Battles sourcebook.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rookies" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Defenders of the Republic
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Grievous Attacks!
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Manga Volume 2
- (First identified as O'Niner)
- "Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season One Episode Guide, Part One"—Star Wars Insider 106
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Visual Guide Ultimate Battles (First identified as CT-19-7409)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Official Episode Guide: Season 1
- The Clone Wars: Widevision (Card: Day of the Rookies)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Character Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Official Episode Guide Series 1 & 2