|Chronological and political information|
- "Commander Neyo (CC-8826) and CT-3423, accompanying Allie on speeder bike reconnaissance, received Order 66 and fired on the Jedi with the cannons of the BARC speeder operated by the 91st. Several blasts hit the rear of Allie's Aratech 74-Z speeder bike, igniting its reactor and sending it into a fatal crash."
- ―Moff Marcellin Wessel, reporting to Emperor Palpatine
CT-3423 was a clone trooper who served in the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars. He was part of the 91st Reconnaissance Corps under Clone Commander CC-8826 during the Siege of Saleucami in 19 BBY. Later, CT-3423 and CC-8826 went on a speeder patrol of Saleucami with Jedi Master Stass Allie. Through his helmet comlink, CC-8826 received Order 66, which branded the Jedi as traitors to the Republic, and he informed CT-3423 of the order. CT-3423 and CC-8826 then utilized their BARC speeders' blaster cannons to fire on Allie's speeder, destroying it and killing her.
CT-3423, like all clone troopers, was born on the Wild Space planet Kamino as a clone of the Mandalorian bounty hunter Jango Fett to fight for the Grand Army of the Republic. During the Clone Wars, CT-3423 served in the 91st Reconnaissance Corps under Clone Commander CC-8826, who was nicknamed "Neyo." When Republic troops besieged the Outer Rim world of Saleucami in 19 BBY, CT-3423 and the 91st Reconnaissance Corps were part of the invasion force.
After the Republic won the battle, CT-3423 and Neyo began a speeder patrol over the marshlands of the planet, along with Jedi Master Stass Allie. During the speeder reconnaissance, Neyo received Order 66—an order branding the Jedi as traitors to the Republic, which called for all clone troopers to execute their Jedi officers—from Supreme Chancellor Palpatine via his helmet comlink. After Neyo informed CT-3423 of the order, both troopers utilized the blaster cannons on their BARC speeders to fire on Allie, hitting the rear of the Jedi's 74-Z speeder bike. This activated the reactor of the bike and caused it to crash, killing Allie.
Personality and traitsEdit
CT-3423 was loyal to Supreme Chancellor Palpatine over the Jedi Order, carrying out Order 66 and killing Jedi Master Stass Allie. He was able to pilot a BARC speeder and wore Phase II clone trooper armor.
Behind the scenesEdit
CT-3423 first appeared as an unnamed clone trooper in George Lucas' 2005 film, Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. His identification number was revealed in Order 66: Destroy All Jedi, an article in Star Wars Insider 87. CT-3243 later received a small entry in The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia and also appeared briefly in Star Wars: Republic: Into the Unknown. In that comic, CT-3423 and Neyo are shown killing Allie in a rocky environment, while in the film they are in a marshland. Because film continuity overrides that of the comic, this article presents the movie's version.
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Republic: Into the Unknown (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron (Appears in cutscene(s))
- "Order 66: Destroy All Jedi"—Star Wars Insider 87 (First identified as CT-3423)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 "Order 66: Destroy All Jedi"—Star Wars Insider 87
- ↑ Star Wars: Republic: The Siege of Saleucami
- ↑ Leland Y. Chee. Star Wars: Message Boards: Holocron continuity database questions. StarWars.com. Archived from the original on March 15, 2007. Retrieved on May 18, 2010.