- "Good soldiers follow orders."
- ―Tup, moments before executing General Tiplar
CT-5385, nicknamed "Tup," was a rookie clone trooper who served in the 501st Legion of the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars. During the Battle of Ringo Vinda, Tup's bio-chip malfunctioned, resulting in him executing Clone Protocol 66 and killing Jedi General Tiplar.
After completing training and joining the fight against the Confederacy of Independent Systems, Tup fought during the Battle of Umbara, serving under Jedi General Pong Krell, who was secretly manipulating the clones into a loss in the hopes of impressing Count Dooku. Tup was one of the many clones who recognized the danger Krell was placing them in, and he participated in a successful mutiny against the Jedi General. He was also revealed to have stunned the General, leading to his capture and later execution.
Later in the war, Tup fought in the campaign on Ringo Vinda. During the campaign, Tup's bio-chip malfunctioned, triggering Clone Protocol 66. He shot and killed Jedi General Tiplar before being restrained, and was taken into custody by the Republic. The Confederacy and the Sith attempted to capture Tup in order to determine why the protocol was activated, but the Republic and the Jedi were able to bring Tup to Kamino.
Time on Kamino and DeathEdit
- "The mission… Free. The mission."
"Brother, what mission?"
"You… you know the one. The—the mission, the one in our dreams… that never ends. The one in our dreams... Oh, brother. This is the end. Forget the mission. Oh, the nightmare. I'm… free."
- ―Tup’s last moments with Fives
On Kamino the Kaminoans withheld the truth about the bio-chip's true nature and claimed Tup had been exposed to a virus. Tup died on Kamino during the investigation, and Tup's friend and fellow clone, Fives, discovered the truth about the Sith conspiracy before being killed and silenced. At the end of the Clone Wars, the Sith triggered the clone protocol for all clones, leading to the destruction of the Jedi Order.
Like the rest of the 501st Legion, Tup wore phase II clone trooper armor with blue markings. Tup's helmet had a blue tear painted near the visor to match his tattoo. Tup used a DC-15S blaster throughout the Clone Wars.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Darkness on Umbara" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The General"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Plan of Dissent"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Carnage of Krell"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Unknown"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Conspiracy" (First identified as CT-5385)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Fugitive" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Orders" (Appears in flashback(s))
- "The Crimson Corsair and the Lost Treasure of Count Dooku" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- (Picture only)
- ; image #13 (of 18)