CZ-1 was a CZ-series communications/business droid constructed by Serv-O-Droid, Inc. CZ-1 was modified to resemble the Stacchati that he served at one time. He was formerly CZ-0R6 before a memory wipe and was connected to another droid called CZ-3.
CZ-1 was separated from his twin unit, CZ-3, after a shuttle crash on Tatooine. Not long afterward, CZ-1 broke down in the desert and was captured by Jawas, ending up in the sandcrawler of Nebit's tribe. The droid's locomotors were severely damaged, but CZ-1 was optimistic and hoped to be repaired and eventually sold. When C-3PO and R2-D2 were reunited aboard the Jawa sandcrawler, CZ-1 sat lifelessly in a corner.
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- Star Wars: Battlefront II (Parts hidden behind a wall in Jabba's Palace; The objects label is tat3_prop_CZ1droid_parts)
- Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Micro Machines
- C-3PO: Tales of the Golden Droid
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found