After arriving on Tatooine in a crash, CZ-3 lost his "twin brother" CZ-1, and eventually ended up in the employ of Jabba Desilijic Tiure, a Hutt gangster. Jabba used the droid in a sting operation, exposing the dishonesty of one of his rivals, Opun Mcgrrrr. Using CZ-3 as bait, Jabba lured Opun into stealing the droid because he thought it contained sensitive information. CZ-3 recorded the entire operation with its surveillance equipment, transmitting it to Jabba and proving Opun's guilt.
Due to a malfunction, however, instead of returning to Jabba's Palace, CZ-3 wandered the streets of Mos Eisley. Jabba sent his bounty hunter Takeel after CZ-3, while Mcgrrrr sent his henchman Tols Vengra with a similar goal.
CZ-3 was found and/or bought by the Jawa traders, who discovered that it was being searched and sold it to Het Nkik's clan. CZ-3 managed to escape from the sandcrawler of that clan before it was attacked by Imperial sandtroopers.
CZ-3 was later found by the two thugs Takeel and Tols Vengra. While the two discussed the droid among themselves, Zutton, Takeel's brother, appeared and shot CZ-3, destroying the droid. The droid's parts were picked up by several local droid dealers, but in the end, it had provided Jabba with enough evidence to expose Mcgrrrr's plot.
Behind the scenesEdit
CZ-3 is partially derived from early concept drawings of Darth Vader.
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Premiere Limited (Card: CZ-3) (First identified as CZ-3)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary
- The Essential Guide to Droids
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 17 (SEC2, CZ Secretary/Comm Droid)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 29 (BUS1, Business Droids)
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 10
- "My Star Wars"—Star Wars Insider 134
- The Essential Reader's Companion
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Confirmed by personal communication.