- "You will never stop us. We will not be broken. However long it takes, we will never stop fighting."
- ―Caluan Ematt to Commander Alecia Beck
Caluan Ematt was a human male soldier who served as a lieutenant in the Alliance to Restore the Republic during the Galactic Civil War. He fought against the Galactic Empire, during which Ematt was given command of the Shrikes, a special recon unit that was tasked with identifying, securing and prepare new Rebel bases for the Alliance. He was a friend of Princess Leia Organa and would later go on to serve with her at a Resistance base as a major in the Resistance.
Galactic Civil WarEdit
Shortly after the Battle of Hoth, Ematt accompanied Nien Nunb to the Remembrance so that they could pick Leia Organa up and take her to a secret meeting with the leadership of the Alliance to Restore the Republic on Zastiga.
Joining the ResistanceEdit
Eventually the Alliance to Restore the Republic was able to defeat the Empire and was able to form the New Republic and Ematt became a member of it. In 28 ABY, following the assassination of Senator Tai-Lin Garr, Ematt attended a secret meeting with several other New Republic soldiers, pilots, and officers where Leia announced the formation of the Resistance, a paramilitary organization dedicated to defending the New Republic from threats like the First Order.
Sometime after, he escorted General Organa to the Mirrin Prime Republic Base to see the recruitment of Commander Poe Dameron, fresh from a skirmish with the First Order. Ematt intercepted the young pilot as he landed with two shore police, and brought him to the General.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "Trust is as precious as it is rare, but you only get it by giving it."
- ―Caluan Ematt to Han Solo
Behind the scenesEdit
Caluan Ematt first appeared in the simultaneous release of Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure and Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure on Force Friday in 2015, identified only as "Ematt." Later that September, Nestlé released Smuggler's Run, an animated adaptation of the novel, in which Ematt's first name is identified as "Caluan." Jordan D. White, an editor for the Star Wars comics at Marvel who worked on the video, confirmed the spelling on Twitter. He was portrayed by Andrew Jack in Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens.
- Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure (First appearance, simultaneous with Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure)
- Han and the Rebel Rescue
- Smuggler's Run (First identified as Caluan)
- Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure (First appearance, simultaneous with Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure)
- Before the Awakening
- Poe and the Missing Ship
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- The Force Awakens, Part V
- The Force Awakens, Part VI
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars The Force Awakens Series 1 (Card: Major Ematt)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Poe Dameron: Flight Log
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Bloodline
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ screenshot) The tweet in question states that the events of Bloodline take place six years before the events of the film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas establishes that the events of The Force Awakens take place in the year 34 ABY and so using simple math it can be concluded that the events of Bloodline take place in 28 ABY. . “So excited to have @claudiagray writing a #StarWars novel with us. SW: New Republic: Bloodline coming 2016. Set 6 years before TFA.” (
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary notes that Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens occurs 30 years after the Battle of Endor, which takes place during Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi.
- ↑ Before the Awakening