- "Or the campaigns of Saw Gerrera's Partisans? Can you condone that?"
- ―Ransolm Casterfo asks Leia Organa if she can condone the Partisans' so-called terrorist campaigns
The campaigns of Saw Gerrera's Partisans were a series of campaigns led by Saw Gerrera and his Partisans who were loosely affiliated with the Alliance to Restore the Republic. Several of these campaigns also resulted in civilian deaths, with it eventually reaching a point where the Galactic Empire proceeded to make a propaganda poster denouncing the Rebel Alliance as a whole as being a terrorist group in response.
During the Clone Wars, the Jedi trained various militias in fighting the Separatist Droid Army. One of these militias were the rebels of Onderon led by former Senator Lux Bonteri, Steela Gerrera and her brother Saw. For three years, a civil war was fought on Onderon between the Separtists and forces under King Sanjay Rash. Together, with the aid from Jedi Commander Ahsoka Tano the rebels were able to force the Droid Army to withdraw from Onderon and Dendup was restored to the throne. Onderon then rejoined the Galactic Republic.
Following the Republic's transformation into the Galactic Empire, Saw reorganized his rebels into the Partisans. His cell was among the first rebel cells formed. When the Empire occupied Onderon, the partisans fought a platoon under ISB Agent Alexsandr Kallus, with a Lasat mercenary killing all but Kallus.
In 18 BBY, Gerrera and several of his partisans then fought the Empire in the Salient system for several weeks. Only Gerrera was able to make his escape. In 13 BBY, Gerrera and his partisans took in Jyn Erso when her father was taken and mother was killed. For the next eights years, Erso became one of the best soldiers of the partisans. Together, she undertook missions at Horuz and Inusagi with them. During their mission to Tamsye Prime, Gerrera and his partisans abandoned her for her safety.
In 6 BBY, Gerrera and his Partisans were hired by Arane Oreida to infiltrate the Sakoola blossom festival on Inusagi. The Partisans massacred the festival and the overcome involved the deaths of Maia, Governor Cor Tophervin, the Inusagi chieftess, several Imperials and many Inusagi civilians. Some of Gerrera's members left the Partisans for less extreme rebel groups.
In 2 BBY, Gerrera and a team of his partisans were sent by Senator Bail Organa and Rebel Command to investigate the disappearance of the Geonosians. However, Gerrera's team was wipe out by repaired B1 battle droids and droidekas. Only Saw was still alive when the Spectres arrived to get him and his information on this. With the Spectres, Gerrera learned that Empire had used poison gas to wipe all but one Geonosian, Klik-Klak out because of something the Empire was building with the Geonosians help.
By 1 BBY, Gerrera and his partisans had broken off with the Alliance and Mon Mothma, starting their own private war against the Empire, killing civilians as well Imperials. Gerrera and Edrio undertook a mission to destroy an Imperial relay station on Jalindi. Gerrera and Edrio were successful in destroying it and rescuing Spectres Sabine Wren, Ezra Bridger, and Chopper.
Gerrera, Edrio, Wren and Bridger then went to Faos Station to investigate an Imperial shipment. Together, they infiltrated Freighter 2716. Gerrera, Wren and Bridger found several technicians who were being held captive. Gerrera learned from the technicians that the other cargo came from the Jedha system. He and the spectres learned that main cargo was a kyber crystal. At first, Gerrera wanted to follow the shipment to the Tonnis sector to discover what the Empire was building. However, the crystal was to be taken aboard Captain Slavin Star Destroyer. Gerrera decided to destroy the crystal and make his escape with Edrio. Only Bridger, Wren, Chopper and the technicians survived the crystal's explosion.
Gerrera and his Partisans later traveled to Jedha, and established their base in the Catacombs of Cadera. There, they attacked several kyber shipments from the mines and Jedha City's Temple of the Kyber. A team of Partisans under Beezer Fortuna then captured a defected Imperial pilot, Bodhi Rook. During this time, one of the Partisans, Tivik, kept in contact with the Rebel Alliance and informed Alliance Intelligence, Captain Cassian Jeron Andor of the pilot's capture and rumors of a Imperial planet killer. However, Andor was forced to eliminate Tivik when stormtroopers found them on the Ring of Kafrene.
Beezer, Edrio, Benthic and the other Partisans brought Rook to before Gerrera. Despite Rook's claiming he was sent by Galen Walton Erso with a message, Gerrera decided to put him with Bor Gullet and torture the truth out of him. The Partisans then attacked a combat assault tank loaded with kyber crystals. After the Guardians of the Whills, Baze Malbus and Chirrut Îmwe, took the last of the escort, the Partisans then took them, Jyn Erso, and Andor back to their base. There, Gerrera showed Jyn the message from her father. At that moment, Governor Wilhuff Tarkin, ordered the Holy City to be destroyed by the Death Star. Many of the partisans, including Gerrera were killed in the aftershock of the Holy City's destruction.
Galactic Civil WarEdit
- Star Wars Battlefront II (Mentioned only)
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel (First appearance)
- Rebel Rising
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Honorable Ones" (Indirect mention only)
- Leia, Princess of Alderaan
- Star Wars Rebels – "Ghosts of Geonosis"
- Star Wars Rebels – "In the Name of the Rebellion"
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization
- Star Wars: Rogue One: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: Rogue One Graphic Novel Adaptation
- Rogue One Adaptation 2
- Battlefront II: Inferno Squad
- Doctor Aphra 22: The Catastrophe Con, Part III (Picture only) (Appears in hologram)
- Star Wars 38: The Ashes of Jedha, Part I
- Star Wars 39: The Ashes of Jedha, Part II
- Star Wars 40: The Ashes of Jedha, Part III
- Star Wars 41: The Ashes of Jedha, Part IV
- Star Wars 42: The Ashes of Jedha, Part V
- Star Wars 43: The Ashes of Jedha, Part VI
- Bloodline (Mentioned only) (First identified as Campaigns of Saw Gerrera's Partisans)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know (First mentioned; albeit indirectly)
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: Rogue One: Rebel Dossier
- The Art of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Forces of Destiny: Tales of Hope & Courage (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Tarkin
- ↑ A New Dawn
- ↑ Battlefront: Twilight Company
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Zero Hour"
- ↑ The novel Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel reveals that the Ryloth insurgency began in 19 BBY and didn't end until 5 ABY as revealed in Aftermath: Life Debt
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 Star Wars Rebels – "Ghosts of Geonosis"
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Star Wars 38: The Ashes of Jedha, Part I
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel
- ↑ 10.00 10.01 10.02 10.03 10.04 10.05 10.06 10.07 10.08 10.09 10.10 10.11 10.12 10.13 10.14 10.15 10.16 Battlefront II: Inferno Squad
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 11.4 11.5 Bloodline
- ↑ 12.00 12.01 12.02 12.03 12.04 12.05 12.06 12.07 12.08 12.09 12.10 12.11 Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 13.2 13.3 Star Wars Rebels – "The Honorable Ones"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 15.3 15.4 Rebel Rising
- ↑ Leia, Princess of Alderaan
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 17.2 17.3 17.4 17.5 17.6 17.7 Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 18.2 18.3 Star Wars Rebels – "In the Name of the Rebellion"
- ↑ 19.0 19.1 Star Wars 39: The Ashes of Jedha, Part II
- ↑ Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A War on Two Fronts"
- ↑ 23.0 23.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Front Runners"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Tipping Points"
- ↑ Rogue One Adaptation 1