- "It's not like they killed her to eat her. It's how they dispose of their dead. They like to think they do their families some good after they're gone. It's rude not to tuck in."
"Cultural diversity's a wonderful thing. What do they do for desserts?"
- ―Null ARC trooper A'den and Republic commando Fi, discussing the Marit's cannibalistic tradition
Cannibalism was the term for when a sentient species, sometimes due to food shortages or famine, ate members of their own kind. The term was also used to describe individual or species who consumed members of other sentient species.
The Rakatan individual known as The One forced many species to revert to this practice. The insectoid Colicoids were known cannibals, eating off-worlders who landed on their homeworld and sometimes capturing vessels which passed too close. The reptilian Marits were traditionally cannibals, as well, though the Marits' only ate those who had already died, and did so as a means of disposing of the bodies in a way they deemed beneficial to the living.
Certain Hutts were known to eat their enemies, Jabba Desilijic Tiure among them. The Zanibar followed a religion which required the ritual sacrifice and consumption of other sentients. Dezono Qua, a Human who lived during the rise of the Galactic Empire, was a known cannibal; he purchased slaves at market and had his droid cook them. Bossk, a Trandoshan bounty hunter, had cannibalistic tendencies, as he had not only eaten his siblings before they could hatch, but he devoured his own father, as well.
- Dawn of the Jedi: Force Storm 1 (Mentioned only)
- Dawn of the Jedi: Force Storm 5 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Shadow of Revan (Mentioned only)
- Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter (Mentioned only)
- The Hive
- Republic Commando: True Colors
- Star Wars: Dark Times: The Path to Nowhere
- Death Troopers
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Galaxy of Fear: The Hunger
- The Mandalorian Armor (Appears in flashback(s))
- Legacy of the Force: Exile (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- Cannibalism on Wikipedia