- "Even as Senator Palpatine out-maneuvered and defrauded the Senate to become President, Bail Organa and I plotted secretly, meeting repeatedly at Chatham [sic] House, Organa's home in Imperial City."
- ―Mon Mothma
During the time of the Galactic Empire, it was the location of a set of meetings between Bail Prestor Organa, Mon Mothma, and Garm Bel Iblis that led to the creation of the Alliance to Restore the Republic. At that time, it was also Bail Organa's residence on Coruscant. In 8 ABY, it was the location of the wedding of Han Solo and Leia Organa. Prior to her wedding, Leia Organa also lived in an apartment at the consulate.
Cantham House was located on Coruscant, a bright ecumenopolis that traditionally hosted the galactic government. It was located 200 kilometers away from the Aldereenian Consulate. Because of the phonetical ressemblance between "Alderaan" and "Aldereen," visitors to Cantham House were sometimes directed to the wrong consulate. The building's entrance opened on a a long hallway paneled with great slabs of precious uwa wood. That corridor led to the White Room, a large ceremonial chamber with an enormous vaulted ceiling and bathed in soft, yet brilliant lights.
Behind the scenesEdit
The naming of Cantham House is likely influenced by the Royal Institute of International Affairs, an organization focused on international relations and regarded for its independence from government influence. The Institute's building is named "Chatham House", and the term is commonly used to refer to the organization. The organization's Chatham House Rule appears to have a strong influence on the scripting of scenes cut from Revenge of the Sith where Mothma makes it clear the importance of secrecy related to the names of dissident senators. In the 1993 computer game Star Wars: X-Wing and its companion book The Farlander Papers, Cantham House was referred to as "Chatham House."
- The Force Unleashed novel (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: X-Wing
- The Farlander Papers (Mentioned only) (As "Chatham House")
- The Courtship of Princess Leia
- Crucible (Mentioned only)
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, First Edition (First identified as Cantham House)
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Star Wars Technical Journal (Volume Three)
- X-Wing: The Official Strategy Guide
- The Essential Chronology
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 29
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide