Canto Bight is a canon anthology of four novellas based on characters from the casino city of Canto Bight, as seen in the film Star Wars: The Last Jedi. The stories are written by Saladin Ahmed, Rae Carson, Mira Grant, and John Jackson Miller. The book was first published by Del Rey on December 5, 2017 in hardcover as part of Journey to Star Wars: The Last Jedi, and will be released in paperback on May 29, 2018.
Soon to be seen in Star Wars: The Last Jedi, welcome to the casino city of Canto Bight. A place where exotic aliens, captivating creatures, and other would-be high rollers are willing to risk everything to make their fortunes. Set across one fateful evening, these four original novellas explore the deception and danger of the lavish casino city.
- An honest salesman meets a career criminal as a dream vacation turns into the worst nightmare imaginable in a story by Saladin Ahmed.
- Dreams and schemes collide when a deal over a priceless bottle of wine becomes a struggle for survival as told by Mira Grant.
- Old habits die hard when a servant is forced into the mad struggle for power among Canto Bight's elite in a tale by Rae Carson.
- A deadbeat gambler has one last chance to turn his luck around, all he has to do is survive one wild night as told by John Jackson Miller.
In Canto Bight, one is free to revel in excess, untouched from the problems of a galaxy once again descending into chaos and war. Dreams can become reality, but the stakes have never been higher–for there is a darkness obscured by all the glamour and luxury.
|"Rules of the Game"||Saladin Ahmed|
|"Hear Nothing, See Nothing, Say Nothing"||Rae Carson|
|"The Wine in Dreams"||Mira Grant|
|"The Ride"||John Jackson Miller|
- ISBN 9781524799533; December 5, 2017; Del Rey; US hardcover
- ISBN 9781524797614; December 5, 2017; Del Rey; Barnes & Noble Exclusive Edition
- ISBN 9781524799540; December 5, 2017; Del Rey; US eBook
- ISBN 9780525478768; May 29, 2018; Del Rey; US paperback
- Here's how the new Star Wars novels will connect to The Last Jedi. Entertainment Weekly (2017-07-20). Retrieved on July 20, 2017.