- "You just thought there was a wealthy investor here, randomly advancing eight hundred thousand Cantocoins to every player pursuing an edge?"
- ―Orisha Okum
Cantocoins were a type of gambling chit made from precious metal and used as currency in the Canto Casino in the city of Canto Bight on the planet Cantonica. The coins came in three sizes of flat circular disc, with the largest being gold in color, the second largest being silver, and the smallest being bronze.
Behind the scenesEdit
Cantocoins were created for the film Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi, which released on December 15, 2017; however, they appeared prior to the film's release in the short story "The Ride" by John Jackson Miller, which was written by John Jackson Miller and released in the anthology book Canto Bight on December 5 as part of the Journey to Star Wars: The Last Jedi promotional campaign.
- "The Ride"—Canto Bight (First appearance)
- Canto Bight audiobook
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi (First pictured)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 3