Cantonica was a desert planet in the Cantonica system within the Corporate Sector of the galaxy's Outer Rim Territories. The planet was home to the casino city Canto Bight, which was a destination for wealthy tourists, gamblers, and war profiteers. During the First Order–Resistance war in 34 ABY, the Resistance operatives Finn, Rose Tico, and BB-8 traveled to Cantonica on a mission to recruit the Master Codebreaker to disable the First Order's hyperspace tracker.
Cantonica was a desert planet in the Cantonica system within the Corporate Sector of the galaxy's Outer Rim Territories that was home to the casino city Canto Bight. The city was located on the shores of the Sea of Cantonica, an artificial ocean considered the largest in the galaxy. A pink, blue, and green nebulae is visible from the surface of the planet.
Cantonica was part of the Corporate Sector, a fiefdom where corporate entities were given free reign to govern their own territory. By the outbreak of the First Order–Resistance war in 34 ABY, the casino city of Canto Bight had become a haven for wealthy tourists, gamblers, and war profiteers who sold weapons to both the First Order and the Resistance. The Resistance operatives Finn and Rose Tico visited Canto Bight in an attempt to recruit the Master Codebreaker in order to disable the First Order's hyperspace tracker.
However, Finn and Rose were arrested by the Canto Bight Police Department for a traffic violation. While in prison, they managed to convince the slicer DJ to help them in return for his freedom. The prisoners escaped the cell with the help of BB-8, who tied up the guards. They then managed to flee Canto Bight with the help of the stable hand Temiri Blagg, who released a herd of fathiers. Finn, Rose, BB-8 and DJ then escaped aboard the stolen yacht Libertine.
- Last Shot
- "Tales from Wild Space: Family Affair, Part 1"—Star Wars Adventures 10 (Indirect mention only)
- The Legends of Luke Skywalker (First appearance)
- "Rules of the Game"—Canto Bight
- "Hear Nothing, See Nothing, Say Nothing"—Canto Bight
- "The Wine in Dreams"—Canto Bight
- "The Ride"—Canto Bight
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi – DJ – Most Wanted 1
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel
- The Last Jedi Read-Along Storybook and CD
- The Last Jedi: Rose and Finn's Secret Mission
- The Last Jedi: Rose Tico: Resistance Fighter
- The Last Jedi Adaptation 3
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "Shuttle Shock"
- (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Ultimate Sticker Collection
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Activity Book with Stickers
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 "Rules of the Game"—Canto Bight
- ↑ Poe Dameron: Flight Log states that atmospheres habitable to oxygen-breathers, such as humans, are known as "Type 1" atmosphere. Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi shows that cantonica's atmosphere is breathable to humans, therefore the planet has a Type 1 atmosphere.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 6.5 Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 Star Wars: The Last Jedi – DJ – Most Wanted 1
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 "Hear Nothing, See Nothing, Say Nothing"—Canto Bight
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 "The Ride"—Canto Bight