- "Can you move? Your cape is in my way."
"You have no sense of personal space."
"But I have a great sense of style."
- ―Shriv Suurgav and Lando Calrissian
A cape was sleeveless outer garment fastened at the neck and falling loosely from the shoulders. Lando Calrissian, the Baron Administrator of Cloud City, used to wear blue capes, and so did the Dark Lord of the Sith and former Jedi Master Dooku. The cyborg General Grievous, leader of the droid armies of the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Clone Wars also often wore a cape. The suit of armor of another Dark Lord, Darth Vader, also included a black cape.
Director Orson Krennic affected a white cape with his Imperial uniform. Captain Phasma of the First Order wore a black and red armorweave cape over her chromium-coated armor. Her colleague, the dark side warrior Kylo Ren, began wearing a black cape in the aftermath of the Battle of Starkiller Base. During the Clone Wars, the planet Abafar hosted a cape retailer named Land O' Capes.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Missing in Action"