Capital ships were powerful starships used by such organizations as the Galactic Empire, the Rebel Alliance and the First Order. Star Destroyers were capital ships, as were MC80 star cruisers. Capital ships were meant to be used in large-scale fleet operations, as their powerful weaponry were highly potent in space battles.
Capital ships were generally large and powerful, but also slow and ponderous in spaceflight. This meant that following the Galactic Civil War, the New Republic was able to, over time, pick off most of the Galactic Empire's capital ships by overwhelming them with smaller, nimbler vessels.
- Star Wars Rebels: Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Rey's Survival Guide
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- ; images #1, 2