- "Han Solo. I'm captain of the Millennium Falcon."
- ―Han Solo
In civilian life, a captain was an individual who was in charge of a starship. In military organizations such as the Imperial Navy or the Royal Naboo Security Forces, a captain was an officer of high rank with leadership responsibilities.
- "My name's Rex, but you'll call me Captain or Sir."
- ―Clone Captain Rex
Many clone navigation officers, some of whom held the rank of captain, wore a single-rowed plaque, with two red and one blue square (from left to right). In the Grand Army of the Republic, the standard Phase I clone troopers who held the rank of Clone Captain were distinguished by red markings on their white armor.
Confederacy of Independent SystemsEdit
- "Captain! Show this droid what happens when you use that word"
- ―Osi Sobeck, to a droid commando captain
On the Imperial insignia plaque of the rank, there were three red colored squares over three blue, or alternatively, a single row of of six yellow squares, or three blue squares followed by two red.
Alliance to Restore the RepublicEdit
This is true of the early rebellion as well.
- "I know I'm not supposed to initiate contact with officers, but look at you! Never took you for captain material. Batch Eight, heigh-ho!"
- ―Stormtrooper 926, to a disguised Finn
The First Order ranks were marked by a combination of uniform color and arm insignia, worn on the left sleeve of the uniform. The First Order captains were wearing a gray uniform with a black armband edged in silver, bearing the name of a particular Imperial hero of the Galactic Civil War, Dillon depicted in silver Aurebesh letters.
- William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
- Star Wars Epic Yarns: A New Hope
- LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises – "Poe to the Rescue"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Resistance Rises – "Attack of the Conscience"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Notes and referencesEdit
- Captain on Wikipedia