The Naboo capital of Theed was captured during the early stages of the Trade Federation's Invasion of Naboo in 32 BBY. The Trade Federation Droid Army, lead by OOM command battle droid OOM-9, moved its forces into the capital, consisting of Armored Assault Tanks, Multi-Troop Transports, Vulture Droids, and thousands of B1 battle droids. In addition, battle droids flying STAPs and several squads of Security Battle Droids were on the ground as well. When Queen Padmé Amidala and other captives were being transported, Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn and his apprentice Obi-wan Kenobi, fought of the droid escort and lead them to the Palace's hangar, where the group escaped in a Naboo Royal Starship.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "Do not resist. We will not harm you. We have only come to help you. We bring you peace."
- ―Scrapped line from the rough draft of Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- The Phantom Menace Golden Book
- The Phantom Menace Read-Along Storybook and CD
- Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy – A Graphic Novel