Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Carbon is used to create duraplast, which we use for building."
- ―Qui-Gon Jinn
Carbon (C) was a nonmetallic element. It was the primary element in most of the sentient life of the galaxy, including Humans and most humanoid races. Carbon was used in the manufacture of such substances as duraplast, durasteel, carbonite, and carbon dioxide. It could be found in naturally occurring crystal form as diamonds. It was also found in wood and tibanna.
Carbon atoms bonded with many other elements, and were able to form long molecular chains and rings, the backbones of organic molecules. The only possible rival for the role of carbon in biology was silicon, which shared some of the same properties of carbon. However, silicon could only bond with two other atoms, whereas carbon could bond with up to four other atoms at once. Therefore, most lifeforms in the galaxy were carbon-based, while silicon-based lifeforms were extremely rare, one example being the crystalline Tsil of Nam Chorios. According to a droid, all sentient carbon-based lifeforms could drink water.
In order to manufacture building-grade duraplast, carbon had to be extracted using droid or organic workers, mostly from trees, such as oak trees or barren trees, and other local resources, including carbon rocks. The mined carbon could then be dropped off for processing at command centers and carbon processing centers. This could be accomplished by logging and extracting carbon from timber, or by mining coal or carbon-heavy rocks.
Carbon residue or scoring was left behind when an object was struck by a blaster bolt.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns
- MedStar II: Jedi Healer
- Death Star (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- The Abduction
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- The Empire Strikes Back: A Storybook
- Emissary of the Void (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory II: Rebirth (Mentioned only)
- Living Force Campaign Guide
- Millennium Falcon (Carbon scoring)
- The Star Wars Sourcebook
- Starfighter Battle Book: X-wing vs TIE Interceptor
- Galaxy Guide 1: A New Hope
- Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back
- Galaxy Guide 4: Alien Races
- Galaxy Guide 5: Return of the Jedi
- Death Star Technical Companion
- Planets of the Galaxy, Volume One
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition
- Star Wars Gamemaster Handbook
- Death Star Technical Companion, Second Edition
- Galaxy Guide 4: Alien Races, Second Edition
- Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition
- The Star Wars Planets Collection
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, Second Edition
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Episode I
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Strongholds of Resistance
Notes and referencesEdit
- Carbon on Wikipedia