- "Vice Admiral Rancit is convinced that the dissidents intend to attack the Imperial academy at Carida, martyring themselves in the process."
- ―Darth Vader informs Wilhuff Tarkin of Rancit's plan
Carida was a planet located in the Carida system within the Colonies region of the galaxy. During the Clone Wars, the Valor space station orbited the planet, while the era of the Galactic Empire saw Carida as home to an Imperial academy and a naval docking facility.
Two years into the Clone Wars, Galactic Republic strategists held a conference aboard the Valor space station orbiting Carida. Through the efforts of D-Squad, the droid task force led by Colonel Meebur Gascon, Valor narrowly avoided destruction by an unmanned, rhydonium-filled cruiser which the Confederacy of Independent Systems intended to use as an unassuming bomb.
Years later, during the reign of the Galactic Empire, Carida's Imperial academy became a target for a attack by rebels. After stealing Moff Wilhuff Tarkin's personal corvette, the Carrion Spike, Berch Teller's rebel cell, secretly aided by Imperial Vice Admiral Dodd Rancit, planned to attack the Imperial facility. Meaning to betray his rebel allies, so as to claim glory among his Imperial peers, Rancit gathered a fleet above the planet and laid in wait for the Spike's arrival. Suspecting the vice admiral's treachery, the cell sent the corvette to Carida on auto-pilot and escaped. Upon his arrival in Carida space, the Sith Lord Darth Vader boarded Rancit's Secutor-class Star Destroyer Conquest and, revealing that Vice Admiral's plot had come to light, ordered that Rancit be ejected in an escape pod and shot down.
Shortly before the Battle of Hoth, Captain Tabor Seitaron of the Carida Academy was pulled back into active duty by Prelate Verge and his Imperial-class Star Destroyer Herald in an effort to hunt down Imperial defector Everi Chalis.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Point of No Return" (First appearance)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (Mentioned only)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Expanded Edition
- Servants of the Empire: Rebel in the Ranks (Mentioned only)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Point of No Return"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Tarkin
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ Star Wars: Card Trader
- ↑ Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know dates the events of both "Brothers" and "The Wrong Jedi" to the second year of the Clone Wars. Since places "Point of No Return" between those two episodes, it can be concluded that "Point of No Return" also takes place during the war's second year.
- ↑ Battlefront: Twilight Company