Cassa Veila was a female Human, the mother of the Jedi Knight Tahiri Veila and the wife of Tryst Veila. Both individuals were strong in the Force though they were never trained since the Jedi Order had been virtually wiped out by then.
In 16 ABY, she and Tryst befriended an injured Tusken Raider named Sliven. They became friends quickly despite the hosility between the settlers and the Tusken Raiders. Sliven would help her with chores after he recovered and play with her daughter Tahiri. However, she and Tryst were killed by Sliven's tribe who mistook them for enemies.
Out of pity and in return for the kindness shown to him by them, Sliven adopted a then three-year-old Tahiri and raised her as a Tusken Raider until she turned nine in 22 ABY, when she was discovered to be Force-sensitive by Luke Skywalker and Tionne Solusar during a trip to Tatooine. She would only learn about it during a return trip to Tatooine from the Jedi Praxeum in 22 ABY.
- Junior Jedi Knights: Promises (First mentioned)
- Junior Jedi Knights: Anakin's Quest (Vision to Tahiri Veila)
- Junior Jedi Knights: Vader's Fortress (Indirect mention only)
- Junior Jedi Knights: Kenobi's Blade (Indirect mention only)
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory I: Conquest (Indirect mention only)