The Cauldron Nebula was a nebula located within the Corva sector in the Outer Rim Territories. Consisting of seven supergiant blue stars, the nebula was home to the Eol Sha system, where a colony was set up in preparation for a mining operation intended to harvest valuable gases from the nebula through the use of ramjet mining ships.
During his personal vendetta against Imperial Admiral Natasi Daala in 11 ABY, renegade Jedi apprentice Kyp Durron used the Sun Crusher superweapon to ignite the nebula's seven stars in hopes of destroying Daala and the tattered remains of her fleet. As a consequence, the Cauldron Nebula was destroyed when its stars all went supernova.
- Jedi Search (First appearance)
- Dark Apprentice
- Champions of the Force (Mentioned only)
- Darksaber (Mentioned only)
- Young Jedi Knights: Shadow Academy (Appears in hologram)
- Young Jedi Knights: The Lost Ones (Appears in hologram) (as colapsing stars)
- The Jedi Academy Sourcebook
- The Essential Guide to Characters (Under Daala)
- The Illustrated Star Wars Universe
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia