Cell 2187 was Princess Leia Organa's cell on the original Death Star. Found in Detention Block AA-23, sub-level five, an area reserved for political prisoners, Organa was held here after she was captured by Darth Vader and tortured by an IT-O Interrogation Unit. Following the destruction of Alderaan, she was scheduled to be executed, but Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Chewbacca effected a daring rescue.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Episode IV: A New Hope Read-Along Storybook and CD
- A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy
- The Adventures of Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight
Notes and referencesEdit
- Page 3 of Life After Darth an in-depth look at George Lucas's artistic influences and future aspirations from Wired