- "I'll take all the plates to the Central Computer and ask it which one is the red one."
- ―C-3PO, to R2-D2
The Central Computer was an artificial intelligence module that was used by the Alliance to Restore the Republic during the later stages of the Galactic Civil War. It was located in a certain base in which Luke Skywalker and Han Solo stayed at some point following the Battle of Hoth.
- "Excuse me, Central Computer, but could you tell me if that plate is red?"
At some point following its victory at Endor, the Alliance to Restore the Republic established a new base. Those headquarters notably hosted the Central Computer, an artificial intelligence module with an extensive database. During a sojourn at the base, the protocol droid C-3PO consulted the Central Computer to help him identify the color of a fulstar plate.
- "This plate is brown like this Ewok or a piece of wood or a Wookiee."
- ―The Central Computer, to C-3PO
The Central Computer functioned as a talking database. Its light grey shell casing had a blockish appearance. It was equipped with an inclined control panel, a single screen and a camera eye. In those regards, the Central Computer shared many similarities with the much bigger BRT supercomputers. It was programmed to have a feminine personality and was fitted with a speech synthesizer that allowed it to communicate in Galactic Basic Standard.
- Star Wars: Adventures in Colors and Shapes (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Star Wars: Adventures in Colors and Shapes
- ↑ In Star Wars: Adventures in Colors and Shapes, the Central Computer was shown to be taller than R2-D2 and smaller than C-3PO. According to the New Essential Guide to Characters, the latter two are 0.96 and 1.67 meters respectively.
- ↑ In Star Wars: Adventures in Colors and Shapes, the Central Computer contains data about the Ewoks. However, the Alliance to Restore the Republic first encountered that species during the Battle of Endor, which was depicted in Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi.
- ↑ The Constancia Affair