Its command tower held spacious quarters for the command crew, with the bridge alone the size of a concert hall.
The Centurion-class battlecruiser was intended to succeed the Inexpugnable-class command ship in the Republic Navy. A limited number of these ships served in the Mandalorian Wars, and gained more traction under the command of Darth Revan, where they made up the heavyweights of his navy during the Jedi Civil War. Most vessels were either captured or destroyed by the end of the Civil War.
The most famous vessel of the class was the Ravager used by the Sith Lord Darth Nihilus. Originally serving in the Republic Navy during the Mandalorian Wars, the Ravager was destroyed in orbit of Malachor V at the end of the war. It was later salvaged by the Sith Lord and used as his personal conveyance.
Behind the scenesEdit
The word "Centurion" comes from Latin. In military terms, the word referred to a commander of a "century" or "centuria", a company of soldiers.
- "Unseen, Unheard"—Star Wars Tales 24
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide (First identified as Centurion-class battlecruiser)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Guide to Warfare