Ceramic was a substance used for a variety of purposes.
The Galactic Empire's MT/191 drop-ship was typically covered in VACX, a protective coating, before deployment to allow the ship to survive the high-friction temperatures of a powerdive into a planet's atmosphere. Alliance Special Forces captured a few of these vessels but, as VACX coating was difficult to come by, instead coated the dropship with a mix of air-foam/silicate ceramic. The homebrew coating seemed to be the most effective compared to other mixtures, through trials continued.
During the period of the Yuuzhan Vong War, Shalo's Cantina on the planet Tatooine adorned its interior with ceramic statuettes of Sand People and Jawas, two local species. Two decades later, the young female slave Kitaya Shuul once used a ceramic bowl while begging near the entrance of the Mos Eisley cantina on Tatooine.
- "Stranded"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 1
- Shadows of the Empire novel
- Shadows of the Empire audio book
- Shadows of the Empire junior novelization
- The New Jedi Order: Edge of Victory II: Rebirth
- Fate of the Jedi: Allies
- The Star Wars Sourcebook
- Galaxy Guide 4: Alien Races
- "Lan Barell"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 1
- Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters
- Galaxy Guide 4: Alien Races, Second Edition
- Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition
- Shadows of the Empire Planets Guide
- Rules of Engagement: The Rebel SpecForce Handbook
- Boba Fett's Armor: An Essential Guide to a Walking Weapon
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 4 (ASS2, IG-88 Assassin Droid)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 8 (TAN2, Tantive IV and Escape Pod)
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook