Ch'hodos's red sun was a red star that was located within the Ch'hodos system of the galaxy's Outer Rim Territories region. The area of space containing the star was surrounded by the nebulosity of the Stygian Caldera, and was known as the Sith Worlds. The red star was orbited by the planet of Ch'hodos. By some point during or after the year 3643 BBY, the radiation emitted from Ch'hodos's sun had increased, causing mutations in the planet's desert life-forms.
Behind the scenesEdit
To date, the only in-universe mention of Ch'hodos's red sun has been in Star Wars: The Old Republic, a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game developed by BioWare and released in 2011. The Ch'hodos system—and therefore the red sun—was placed in grid square R-4 by The Essential Atlas—a reference book co-authored by Jason Fry and Daniel Wallace, and published in 2009. Although the title of the red sun is not a formal name such as Coruscant Prime, it is not a conjectural title as it is referred to as such in Star Wars: The Old Republic.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Bioanalysis Crew Skill Mission: "Under a Red Star"
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, p. 126
- ↑ Using comments and information from The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2, The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom, and The Old Republic: Annihilation, it is possible to place the events of the Prologue and Act I for the Jedi Knight, Smuggler, and Trooper classes in Star Wars: The Old Republic in 3643 BBY, the general events of Act II in 3642 BBY, and the events of Act III for all classes in 3641 BBY. Since players of The Old Republic can assign their companions on the mission "Under a Red Star" independently of the main class storyline at any point during the game, the mission must take place at some point during or after 3643 BBY.