Ch'hodos was a rocky desert planet that was a part of the Sith Worlds—an area of space in the galaxy's Outer Rim Territories region. Ch'hodos orbited a red sun, and its atmosphere was breathable. A large stone building was, at some point, erected in a rocky region of the world. Ch'hodos was considered a lesser world of the Sith Empire, and, by the year 5000 BBY, it served as the central base of the Sith Lord Shar Dakhan. During the Dark Lord of the Sith Naga Sadow's preparations to attack the Galactic Republic, Ch'hodos was used as rally grounds for his Sith soldiers, with Sadow himself and his apprentice, Gav Daragon, overlooking the embarking of the troops. By the time of the Galactic War between the Republic and the resurgent Sith Empire, the radiation from Ch'hodos's sun had increased, leading to mutations in the local desert wildlife.
Ch'hodos was a red, rocky planet with deserts on its surface that was located within the Ch'hodos system of the galaxy's Outer Rim Territories region. The area of space containing the planet was surrounded by the nebulosity of the Stygian Caldera, and was known as the Sith Worlds. Ch'hodos lay between the planets of Ziost and Krayiss Two on the Nache Bhelfia—a looping hyperlane that connected the five sacred Sith worlds of Ziost, Khar Delba, Rhelg, Krayiss Two, and Korriban—while the Zorfe Trete hyperspace route linked Ch'hodos to the planet of Ashas Ree. Ch'hodos orbited a red sun, and it had a Type I atmosphere that was breathable for Human and Sith species. The planet's deserts harbored native life-forms, and a large building had been made out of yellow stone in a rocky region of Ch'hodos.
A planet that was considered to be ambitious, Ch'hodos held the status of one of the lesser worlds of the Sith Empire and was under the control of Ziost—the Empire's capital world. By the year 5000 BBY, Ch'hodos served as the Sith Lord Shar Dakhan's central base. During the Dark Lord of the Sith Naga Sadow's preparations to attack the Galactic Republic that year, Ch'hodos was used as a place to rally his Sith soldiers of the Massassi caste. Overseen by Dakhan, the amassed armies embarked on Sith personnel carriers that were waiting in front of the large stone building, while several starfighters and a shuttle flew overhead. Sadow himself and Gav Daragon, his Human apprentice, also observed the gathering of troops while discussing the oncoming attack. By the time of the Galactic War between the Republic and the resurgent Sith Empire in the year 3641 BBY, the radiation from Ch'hodos's sun had increased, causing mutations in the local desert wildlife.
An individual who visited Ch'hodos at that time in order to observe the changes in the life-forms was able to obtain various biochemical compounds and samples and bring them back to an individual they worked with.
Behind the scenesEdit
Ch'hodos made its first in-universe appearance in the second issue of The Fall of the Sith Empire story arc of the Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi series of comic books. The issue was published on July 23, 1997, and was written by Kevin J. Anderson and penciled by Dario Carrasco, Jr. Later, the planet received an entry in The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia—a reference book published in December 9, 2008. The Essential Atlas—a reference book co-authored by Jason Fry and Daniel Wallace, and published on August 18, 2009—provided more information on Ch'hodos and placed the planet in grid square R-4. The planet has been most recently mentioned in Star Wars: The Old Republic, a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game developed by BioWare and released in 2011, in which it was used as a possible location for players to assign their companions on individual quests.
- Tales of the Jedi: The Fall of the Sith Empire 2: Forces in Collision (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Bioanalysis Crew Skill Mission: "Under a Red Star"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 The Essential Atlas, p. 126
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 Tales of the Jedi: The Fall of the Sith Empire 2: Forces in Collision
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 123 ("Ch'hodos")
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, p. 127
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, page 127, dates the Great Hyperspace War to the year 5000 BBY.
- ↑ Using comments and information from Star Wars: The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2, The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom, and The Old Republic: Annihilation, it is possible to place the events of the Prologue and Act I for the Jedi Knight, Smuggler, and Trooper classes in Star Wars: The Old Republic in 3643 BBY, the general events of Act II in 3642 BBY, and the events of Act III for all classes in 3641 BBY.