Ch'hodos was a rocky desert planet that was a part of the Sith Worlds region, which was located in the Outer Rim Territories. The planet orbited a red sun, and its atmosphere was breathable. Ch'hodos was considered a lesser world of the Sith Empire, and, by the year 5000 BBY, it served as the central base of the Sith Lord Shar Dakhan.
During the Dark Lord of the Sith Naga Sadow's preparations to attack the Galactic Republic, Ch'hodos became a rally ground for his Sith soldiers, with Sadow himself and his apprentice, Gav Daragon, overlooking the embarking of the troops. More than a millennium later, the radiation from Ch'hodos's sun had increased, leading to mutations in the local desert wildlife.
Ch'hodos was a red, rocky planet with deserts on its surface. It was located in the Ch'hodos system of the Outer Rim Territories region. The area of space containing the planet, known as the Sith Worlds, was surrounded by the Stygian Caldera nebulosity. Ch'hodos lay along the Nache Bhelfia—a looping hyperlane that connected the five sacred Sith worlds of Ziost, Khar Delba, Rhelg, Krayiss Two, and Korriban—while the Zorfe Trete hyperspace route linked Ch'hodos to the world of Ashas Ree.
Ch'hodos orbited a red sun, and it had a Type I atmosphere that was breathable for the Human and Sith species. The planet's deserts harbored native lifeforms, and a large building had been made out of yellow stone in a rocky region of Ch'hodos.
An ambitious planet, Ch'hodos held the status of one of the lesser worlds of the Sith Empire and was under the control of Ziost, the Empire's capital world. By the year 5000 BBY, Ch'hodos served as the Sith Lord Shar Dakhan's central base. During the Dark Lord of the Sith Naga Sadow's preparations to attack the Galactic Republic that year, Ch'hodos was used as a place to rally his Sith soldiers of the Massassi caste.
Overseen by Dakhan, Sadow's amassed armies embarked on Sith personnel carriers that were waiting in front of the large stone building, while several starfighters and a shuttle flew overhead. Sadow himself and Gav Daragon, his Human apprentice, also observed the gathering troops while discussing the oncoming attack.
Behind the scenesEdit
Ch'hodos made its first appearance in the second issue of The Fall of the Sith Empire story arc of the Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi series of comic books. The issue was published on July 23, 1997, and was written by Kevin J. Anderson and penciled by Dario Carrasco, Jr.
Later, the planet received an entry in The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, a reference book published in 2008. The Essential Atlas, a reference work co-authored by Jason Fry and Daniel Wallace, and published in 2009, provided more information on Ch'hodos and placed the planet in grid square R-4. The planet was also mentioned in Star Wars: The Old Republic, a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game developed by BioWare and released in 2011, in which it was used as a possible location for players to assign their companions on individual quests.
- Tales of the Jedi: The Fall of the Sith Empire 2: Forces in Collision (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Ch'hodos system — Based on corresponding data for
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Star Wars: The Old Republic—Bioanalysis Crew Skill Mission: "Under a Red Star"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 The Essential Atlas, p. 126
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 123 ("Ch'hodos")
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 5.7 Tales of the Jedi: The Fall of the Sith Empire 2: Forces in Collision
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, p. 127
- ↑ The Essential Atlas, page 127, dates the Great Hyperspace War to the year 5000 BBY.
- ↑ Using comments and information from The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2, The Last Battle of Colonel Jace Malcom, and The Old Republic: Annihilation, it is possible to place the events of the Prologue and Act I for the Jedi Knight, Smuggler, and Trooper classes in Star Wars: The Old Republic in 3643 BBY, the general events of Act II in 3642 BBY, and the events of Act III for all classes in 3641 BBY. Since players of The Old Republic can assign their companions on the mission "Under a Red Star" independently of the main-class storyline at any point during the game, the mission must take place at some point during or after 3643 BBY.
- ↑ The Essential Atlas