Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The chaff countermeasure was a means of protection against warheads commonly mounted on small spacecraft. Deployed from the ship's aft, a chaff burst caused a scattering of particles designed to confuse a warhead's guidance system, detonating the warhead prematurely and thus protecting the ship itself.
Behind the scenesEdit
The chaff burst is based on its real-life counterpart of the same name, normally used by military aircraft. In real-life, chaff consists of hundreds of tiny strips of a reflective surface, such as aluminum, and is designed to confuse radar (such as on an incoming missile). In Star Wars: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter and Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance, the chaff burst appears as bright flashes of multi-colored light. The precise mechanics of the system are unknown.
- Star Wars: X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter
- Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance
- One Last Night in the Mos Eisley Cantina: The Tale of the Wolfman and the Lamproid
- Dark Forces: Rebel Agent
- X-Wing: The Bacta War
- X-Wing: Wraith Squadron (Mentioned only)
- Dark Forces: Jedi Knight
- Planet of Twilight (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream
- Legacy of the Force: Bloodlines
- Legacy of the Force: Tempest
- Chaff on Wikipedia