- "I drank a bit of the milk and used another piece of cake to get rid of the thick chalky taste."
- ―Corran Horn
Chalk was a soft, powdery substance that could be compressed into solid shapes. Items made of compressed chalk could easily be turned into their initial dusty state by simply crushing them. In its natural form, chalk was white, but it could be colored with pigments. The precious lommite ore, one of the primary constituent materials of transparisteel, was described as chalk-like.
The pseudo-Kadann, the false Supreme Prophet of the Dark Side, was known to keep colored chalk balls on a low table besides his throne. He would often crush the balls in his hands until they crumbled to dust, using the color symbolism to convey certain messages. Pieces of chalk were also used as primitive writing instruments, notably used to write on scoreboards during sporting events. Sometimes, pieces of chalk were also used to mark one's way physically in labyrinthine places.
- Lando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon (Mentioned only)
- Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter (Mentioned only)
- The Lost City of the Jedi
- Mission from Mount Yoda
- Prophets of the Dark Side
- X-Wing: Wedge's Gamble (Mentioned only)
- I, Jedi (Mentioned only)
- Children of the Jedi (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Conviction (Mentioned only)