Chall Bekan was a methane-breathing male Morseerian leader who had ties to the Imperial government on the planet Tatooine. He maintained a network of alien agents to keep an eye on the Alliance to Restore the Republic and the crime lord Jabba the Hutt.
The Force attuned Morseerian male Chall Bekan served as a leader. He had connections to the Galactic Empire's government on the planet Tatooine. Bekan maintained a network of alien agents, which he used to keep surveillance on both the crime lord Jabba the Hutt and on the Alliance to Restore the Republic.
Personality and traitsEdit
Chall Bekan was a methane breather. Typical of his species, he wore an environment suit and a breath mask, the latter of which provided a supply of methane necessary for a Morseerian to breathe in methane-poor environments.
Behind the scenesEdit
Chall Bekan was created by 1998's "Official Tournament Sealed Deck" of Decipher's Star Wars Customizable Card Game. His in-game abilities also included being "Force-attuned," a gameplay ability that is a step down from being "Force-sensitive" and significantly less than a Jedi/Dark Jedi character. In the 1977 film Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, there were two Morseerians in Chalmun's Spaceport Cantina on Tatooine, one of whom was later identified as Nabrun Leids. The other Morseerian, however, has yet to be given a name. Although Chall Bekan's card reveals that he was working on Tatooine, no canon source has clarified whether he was the second Morseerian from the film. In 2008, Bekan was also given an entry in The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia.
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Official Tournament Sealed Deck (Card: Chall Bekan) (First mentioned)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Official Tournament Sealed Deck (Card: Chall Bekan)
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 67 ("Bekan, Chall")
- ↑ Ultimate Alien Anthology, p. 99
- ↑ Star Wars: Behind the Magic
- ↑ Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy, p. 14
- ↑ Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, p. 260
- ↑ Full ANH text and picture spoilers up on the Jedi Council Forums (CCG, TCG, and Boardgames board; posted by Ocelot_X on 10/24/02 3:58pm; accessed February 11, 2013). Information was originally posted on Decipher.com; however, the site is no longer available.