Chalmun was a beige and gray-colored male Wookiee who owned Chalmun's Cantina on the planet Tatooine during the Galactic Civil War. Originally a street thug, Chalmun spent a few years swindling unfortunate tourists in the casinos of Ord Mantell. Eventually, he bought what would become his cantina from the Vriichon brothers, Ranat siblings who used to run an illegal spice den in the building.
Behind the scenesEdit
Chalmun was first mentioned in Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley, a 1993 Star Wars Legends sourcebook written by Martin Wixted for Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game. He became canon when he appeared in The Adventures of Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight, a picture book written by Tony DiTerlizzi and illustrated with concept art by the late Ralph McQuarrie that was released on October 7, 2014
- The Adventures of Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight (First appearance)
- A New Hope: The Princess, the Scoundrel, and the Farm Boy (Mentioned only) (First identified as Chalmun)
- "The Luckless Rodian"—From a Certain Point of View
- "Not for Nothing"—From a Certain Point of View
- "The Kloo Horn Cantina Caper"—From a Certain Point of View (Mentioned only)