- "I just happen to have a chance-cube here. Blue—it's the boy. Red—his mother."
- ―Watto, deciding whether to wager Anakin Skywalker or his mother in a bet
A chance cube, or chance-cube, was a gambling device in the form of a small cube. Some types of chance-cube could only give two results after being thrown, as three of their sides were one color, while the other three were another color. Toydarians like Watto or King Katuunko were known for using such chance-cubes. Imperial cadets Pandak Symes and Nazhros Oleg used a chance cube to decide who would get the bottom bunk in their barrack, with Symes winning the roll.
Another variant had the cube marked on each face with from one to six spots. Han Solo had a pair of such cubes decorating the cockpit of his starship, the Millennium Falcon. It was Solo's copilot, Chewbacca, who had hung those dice as a joke several years before the Battle of Yavin.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First identified as chance cube)
- Star Wars: Obi-Wan & Anakin, Part III (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Ambush"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sphere of Influence"
- Servants of the Empire: Edge of the Galaxy
- The Rebellion Begins (Mentioned only)
- Servants of the Empire: Rebel in the Ranks
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure
- The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Lando, Part II (Cover only)
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens