The Chancellor was acquired by the Rebel Alliance sometime in or prior to 0 ABY. Around the time of the Battle of Hoth in 3 ABY, the Chancellor was serving as a command ship for the Alliance fleet. After many Renegade Flight pilots were lost, a plaque commemorating their casualties was hung in the crew lounge on the Chancellor's command deck.
- Star Wars: Empire at War (First appearance) (First identified as Nebulon-B class)
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back (First mentioned)
- Star Wars Trilogy Sourcebook, Special Edition
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia