The Chatos Academy was one of the many ancient and semi-legendary organizations which studied the Force in the time before the Jedi Order. Originating on the planet Palawa, the Chatos Academy is believed by some historians to be a forerunner to, or at least an influence on early Jedi teachings.
Established on the planet Palawa before the dawn of the Galactic Republic or the Jedi Order, the Chatos Academy led its students in the study of the Force. Shrouded in mystery, the Academy's graduates were known as Paladins, and became part of a chivalric order which some historians conclude may have influenced the idea of monastic Jedi Knights several centuries later. Eventually the academy closed and was only remembered in the modern era by the scant records that remained in the Archives of the Jedi Temple or the personal collections of some Dark Lords of the Sith.
Behind the scenesEdit
In the rough draft for the original movie Leia leaves the Palace of Lite to study at the Academy, which is located in a place called Yuell on Aquilae. Her studies are cut short by the attack of the Galactic Empire, and she is rescued by Annikin Starkiller. One of her handmaidens stays at the Academy as a decoy. In the first draft, Aquilae was renamed Townowi, but the Chatos Academy is unchanged.
- Star Wars: Darth Plagueis (Mentioned only)
- Power of the Jedi Sourcebook
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Making of Star Wars: The Definitive Story Behind the Original Film
- Star Wars: The Annotated Screenplays
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
- The Essential Guide to Warfare