A cheater or cheater chip was a small disc-shaped device that was used to cheat at the game of sabacc. T. Lund Phuna used one while playing on Oseon 2795, in order to let Osuno Whett purposefully lose to Lando Calrissian. Wiring one into a stormtrooper helmet's DH107 headset and using file B893a from Cracken's Rebel Field Guide created an effective channel scanner to listen in to encrypted communications.
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin
- Cracken's Rebel Field Guide
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition (As "cheater chip")
- Cracken's Rebel Operatives (As "cheater chip")
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, Second Edition
- Cynabar's Fantastic Technology: Droids (As "cheater chip")
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia