- "We'd have to ship in everything on a dump like Cheravh, and freight gets noticed."
- ―Ordo Skirata
Cheravh was a planet in the Outer Rim Territories' Mandalore sector, located within the Cheravh system. Like most worlds contained within the surrounding sector, Cheravh was covered in hard frontier country, and came under the control of the Mandalorians following their expanding conquest of the sector during their time as Mandalorian Crusaders.
In the year 19 BBY, the Mandalorian soldier Kal Skirata was considering establishing a secondary base on Cheravh in the event that the whereabouts of his clan's home on Mandalore, known as Kyrimorut, were discovered by the Galactic Empire. This was due to the fact that he was harboring numerous clone trooper deserters from the former Grand Army of the Republic and was himself a man wanted by the then Emperor Palpatine. Skirata's adopted clone son, Ordo, reminded the veteran Mandalorian that the need to import supplies to a sparse backwater such as Cheravh made it an illogical fall-back choice.
Behind the scenesEdit
Cheravh was first mentioned in the 2009 novel, Imperial Commando: 501st, by author Karen Traviss. Further information was provided by The Essential Atlas Online Companion of StarWars.com, wherein it was revealed that the planet was located within the eponymous Cheravh system.
- Imperial Commando: 501st (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Imperial Commando: 501st novel states Cheravh to be within the Mandalore sector, corresponding to The Essential Atlas Online Companion's information detailing the corresponding Cheravh system in the Mandalore sector. The Online Companion does not list individual worlds, but surrounding systems.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Boba Fett: A Practical Man denotes the worlds of the Mandalore sector to be primarily "hard frontier country", supported by statements made in Imperial Commando: 501st.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The Essential Atlas
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Imperial Commando: 501st