- "Everyone on the crew had lost… everyone, everything. Our families came from Chianar, Aldera…"
- ―Caline Metara to Leia Organa
Chianar was a pastoral settlement founded on the planet Alderaan for refugees from the Clone Wars in 22 BBY. Years later, during the early Galactic Civil War, several crewmembers of the Alderaanian gunship Aegis hailed from Chianar.
- "Former Supreme Chancellor Finis Valorum rolled up his shirt sleeves and grabbed a power-shovel, breaking soil and chipping in as the Refugee Relief Movement began transforming 100 hectares of donated Alderaanian plains into new homes."
- ―Extract from the HoloNet News
The village of Chianar began its life as a 100-hectare plot of donated land on the grassy plains of Alderaan, with a petrified Killik hive mound on it. The settlement was created by the Refugee Relief Movement in an attempt to offset the sudden, massive overcrowding of the Core Worlds by refugees from secessionist Confederate planets.
With Alderaan having loosened its immigration laws, Chianar became the home of hundreds of displaced exiles, including Aqualish and other species; former Supreme Chancellor Finis Valorum himself participated in the Chianar ground-breaking ceremonies prior to the eruption of the Clone Wars.
By the time of the Galactic Civil War, Chianar had developed well. Some members of families who called it home served on the Alderaanian gunship Aegis, under the command of Captain Caline Metara. Like the rest of Alderaan, it was destroyed by the Death Star's superlaser in 0 BBY.
- (First appearance)
- Empire and Rebellion: Razor's Edge (Mentioned only)