- "Chieftain Thi-Sen welcomes you to his home and hopes you come in peace."
Chief, sometimes known as chieftain, was a title used in various organizations and cultures to denote a position of authority. During the Clone Wars, Thi-Sen was the chieftain of Talz on Orto Plutonia; Nossor Ri was the chieftain of the Quarren on Mon Cala; and Pieter was the chieftain of the Ming Po village on Carlac.
In the Galactic Empire, chief was a military rank, and was used by such individuals as Chief Moradmin Bast. In Bright Tree Village, an Ewok village on the forest moon of Endor, Chief Chirpa was the leader of the tribe.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Trespass"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Water War"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Gungan Attack"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Prisoners"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Friend in Need"
- "Orientation"—Star Wars Insider 157 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Princess Leia, Part IV
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Ewoks Join the Fight