The Chief Librarian was a position created by the Jedi Order to denote the primary presiding Lore Keeper of the Coruscant Jedi Archives after the fall of Ossus's Great Jedi Library during the Great Sith War. In addition to guiding the growth and the research in the Archives, the Chief Librarian was the designated leader of the Educational Corps, part of the Jedi Service Corps. Provided with personal chambers adjacent to the Archives, the Chief Librarian worked closely with the Caretaker of First Knowledge, the leader of the Council of First Knowledge. On occasion, such as in the time following the Ruusan Reformation with Master Restelly Quist, the Chief Librarian also held the title of Caretaker. Quist's predecessor, Barra-Rona-Ban was the first Chief Librarian following the Reformation and one of the only Jedi to meet one of the two remaining Sith Lords and survive. Even before Master Ban, the Kel Dor historian Gnost-Dural oversaw the recollection of data within the Temple Archives of Tython following the Sacking of Coruscant. The final Chief Librarian, former Jedi High Council member Jocasta Nu died among her beloved books when Darth Vader executed Operation: Knightfall on behalf of Supreme Chancellor Palpatine.
Following the reformation of the Order under Grand Master Luke Skywalker, Tionne Solusar took up the mantle of Chief Librarian and restored the stacks and added information missing from the time of the Galactic Civil War. Master Solusar eventually stepped down from this role and the title was given to Master Markre Medjev.
- Timeline 1: Treaty of Coruscant
- Timeline 2: The Mandalorian Blockade is Broken
- Timeline 3: The Return of the Mandalorians
- Timeline 4: The Empire Changes Strategy
- Timeline 5: The Battle of Bothawui
- Timeline 6: Onslaught of the Sith Empire
- Timeline 7: Peace for the Republic?
- Timeline 8: The Jedi Civil War
- Timeline 9: The Mandalorian Wars
- Timeline 10: The Exar Kun War
- Timeline 11: Rebirth of the Sith Empire
- Timeline 12: The Great Hyperspace War
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Darth Bane: Rule of Two
- Jedi Apprentice: The Only Witness (First appearance)
- Jedi Apprentice: The Threat Within
- Jedi Apprentice Special Edition: The Followers
- Jedi Quest: The Dangerous Games
- Jedi Quest: The Master of Disguise
- Jedi Quest: The School of Fear
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (comics)
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (novel)
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (junior novelization)
- The Clone Wars: Decide Your Destiny: The Way of the Jedi
- The Clone Wars: The Holocron Heist
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Holocron Heist"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Lightsaber Lost"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Assassin"
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith game
- Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron
- Fate of the Jedi: Ascension
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
- The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Jocasta Nu (★))
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Jocasta Nu (★★★))
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: The Old Republic
- ↑ Timeline 1: Treaty of Coruscant
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Darth Bane: Rule of Two
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 Fate of the Jedi: Ascension