Chirpa was a male Ewok who served as the chief of the Council of Elders and Ewok tribe that lived in Bright Tree Village on the forest moon of Endor. During the Battle of Endor, he allowed a Rebel strike team, led by General Han Solo, to become part of the tribe. The Ewoks also agreed to help the Rebels on their mission to destroy the generator powering the second Death Star's deflector shield. Chirpa was also married to Ra-Lee and had a daughter named Kneesaa.
Personality and traitsEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
Chief Chirpa was played by Jane Busby in the 1983 film Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, the final installment of the Star Wars original trilogy. Originally, Chief Chirpa's name was Chief Chiepa in the early script incarnations of Return of the Jedi.
In 2015, Chuck Wendig, author of the novel Aftermath, expressed interest in potentially writing stories about Omi, Malakili or Chirpa. However, he ultimately chose to write about Malakili instead in his sequel novel Aftermath: Life Debt.
- Forces of Destiny: The Leia Chronicles
- Tales from Vader's Castle 4: Night of the Gorax
- Star Wars: The Original Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side!
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi junior novelization
- Ewoks Join the Fight
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Women of the Galaxy
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: Card Trader
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Tales from Vader's Castle 4: Night of the Gorax
- ↑ "Chuck Wendig's War"—Star Wars Insider 160