- "Cho mok translates as "to otherwise maim," targeting legs, limbs, or appendages that will disable your opponent."
- ―Cin Drallig
Application and DescriptionEdit
- "We know that a severed limb can readily be replaced by a prosthetic that looks identical to the real thing. Prosthetics offer sensation and do everything flesh can. They're ideal substitutes in every way, except for requiring maintenance. So we don't feel too badly when we have to cut the arm or leg off a very bad person. But I assure you, that very bad person remembers the pain forever."
- ―Valin Horn
Cho mok was used to disable and effectively incapacitate an opponent. Often, it was used as an attack of opportunity during combat by taking advantage of an opening. Darksiders usually used this technique to bring down their opponents before ruthlessly killing them or even as a cruel form of punishment.
Obi-Wan Kenobi's amputation of Darth Vader's legs and remaining arm during his mou kei application could be considered a fast, triple cho mok. He later used this technique against the Aqualish pirate Ponda Baba, slicing his left arm off.
Jedi Master Tresina Lobi received a cho mok strike from Dark Lady of the Sith Lumiya from her lightwhip, during their duel in Coruscant's Fellowship Plaza, having both of her legs severed at the knees.
- "Fightsaber: Jedi Lightsaber Combat"—Star Wars Insider 62
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- The Jedi Path: A Manual for Students of the Force
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Wampa (★★★)) (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: Jedi vs. Sith
- ↑ Jedi Apprentice: The Death of Hope
- ↑ Star Wars: Republic: The Battle of Jabiim
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
- ↑ The Emperor's Pawns
- ↑ Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ The New Jedi Order: The Unifying Force
- ↑ Dark Nest III: The Swarm War
- ↑ Legacy of the Force: Betrayal
- ↑ Legacy of the Force: Tempest
- ↑ Legacy of the Force: Inferno
- ↑ Legacy of the Force: Invincible
- ↑ Star Wars: Legacy 26: The Hidden Temple, Part 2
- ↑ Star Wars: Legacy 48: Extremes, Part 1