The choreamnos was a type of lazy, arboreal animal. They hardly moved except to get leaves on other branches.
A number of these creatures were kept captive on the Starhunter Dhelba until it crashed on Endor, thus introducing the species. On Endor, the species was known colloquially as the blasé tree goat due to the habit of hanging upside down in the blasé trees. They were a source of meat and milk.
Behind the scenesEdit
As the name suggests, the choreamnos was a combination of real-world goat and sloth. Amy Pronovost created the name by combining "Choloepus," the scientific name of the two-toed sloth genus, which literally means "lame foot," with the word "amnos," meaning "goat." She altered the spelling of the resulting combination to make the word less of a tongue twister.
- "Meet Wicket!"—Star Wars Kids 6
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- (First identified as Choreamnos)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and referencesEdit
- Castaways of Endor sees the light of day on the Jedi Council Forums (Literature board; posted by ArtyEwok on 12/2/2008 4:24pm; accessed February 8, 2013)