|Chott el Jerid|
|First seen in|
The salt flats were used for the exterior of the Lars homestead on Tatooine. The interior was filmed in Hôtel Sidi Driss, which is located in Matmata, 300 kilometers away. The sets from the original movie—which had been taken down—were rebuilt in 2000 to the exact specifications from the original plans. The man-made craters are still there. Lucasfilm and crew returned here to shoot the Tatooine sequences for Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. It is all a new construction, built in 2000, on the exact same spot and with attention to details insofar as recreating the very same building as from thirty years earlier. The site was renovated by fans between 2010 and 2012.
- Star Wars Trip To Tatooine by Mark Dermul
- The Star Wars Traveler by Gus Lopez and Pamela Gren
- Loms Galactic Tours by Loms
- Stars of the Desert - A journey across the dunes of Tunisia to discover lost "Tatooine" by Brady Walters
- Chott el Jerid on Wikipedia