|Star Wars work|
- "A long time ago, in a movie theater far, far away…a 13-old-girl had her universe completely, utterly, and irrevocably changed. Yep, I’m talking about Star Wars. Back in the good old days my mom would drop me off for the 1:00 show and pick me up sometime around 6:30. I’d watch that movie again and again and again…absorbing it into my very soul, probably."
- ―Christie Golden
- "I wrote a full-length manuscript and shopped it around for seven years. It never did sell, but I started getting "good" rejection letters. And because of connections I had made through my efforts, I got on an audition list for TSR. No publishers do this any more that I know of, but it was a good break for me and led to the publication of VAMPIRE OF THE MISTS."
- ―Christie Golden, on how she got her break into novel writing
Christie Golden was born on November 21, 1963 in Atlanta, Georgia. At thirteen years old, Golden would spend entire afternoons watching A New Hope. After graduating high school, Golden attended the University of Virginia, where she majored in English, and spent a semester of university at Cambridge University in England. She has written eighteen novels and sixteen short stories in fantasy, horror and science fiction.
After shopping around a manuscript she had written for about seven years and suffering numerous rejections, Golden was approached by TSR to do a novel. Golden premiered TSR's Ravenloft line in 1991 with her first novel—Vampire of the Mists. She followed up with Dance of the Dead and The Enemy Within. Golden has written at least seven Star Trek: Voyager novels including the popular Dark Matters trilogy, the Homecoming duology, and the Spirit Walk duology.
Among her work in the gaming fantasy novels, she wrote Warcraft: Lord of the Clans (which was written in six weeks),World of Warcraft: Rise of the Horde, and Arthas: Rise of the Lich King. She has also written a trilogy of novels titled StarCraft: the Dark Templar Saga for Blizzard Entertainment and Simon and Schuster Pocketbooks.
Golden is currently halfway through her Final Dance series; the first book in the series 'On Fire's Wings' follows the discovery of the first of five dancers, Kevla the flame dancer. The second book 'In Stone's Clasp' records both the flame dancer, Kevla and the stone dancer, the element of earth, Jareth. The book 'Under Sea's Shadow', published in ebook format only, was released in August of 2007 and focuses on the Sea dancer. The last two books, 'At Wind's Tempest' and 'Through Soul's Desire' would complete the series.
In addition to her original novels, Golden is currently working as one of the three authors in the nine book Fate of the Jedi series. Her first entry into both the series and into the Expanded Universe in general, Omen, has reached #4 on the New York Times bestseller list and #3 on the Publisher's Weekly bestseller list. Golden has also written a short story prequel to Omen that focuses on Vestara Khai. The short story is exclusive to Star Wars Hyperspace members, and is titled Imprint.
Golden currently lives in Denver, Colorado, United States with her cats. She is an avid World of Warcraft fan, and plays on the Shadow Council server.
|2011||First Blood||Short story|
|2013||Good Hunting||Short story|
|2014||Sword of the Jedi 1||Novel|
|TBD||Sword of the Jedi 2||Novel|
|TBD||Sword of the Jedi 3||Novel|
- Vampires of the Mist
- Several Star Trek novels
- Several StarCraft novels
- Several Warcraft novels
- Other stories
Notes and referencesEdit
- Christie Golden's official website
- Christie Golden's webblog
- Christie Golden on Wikipedia
- Christie Golden on Memory Alpha
- Christie Golden at WoWWiki
- Christie Golden interview with RoqooDepot.com, August 7, 2011