Christophsis was a planet located in the Christoph system of the galaxy's Outer Rim Territories where the Battle of Christophsis was fought during the Clone Wars. The crystalline planet was invaded by the battle droid armies of the Confederacy of Independent Systems but were repelled by the Jedi and Clone troopers dispatched by the Galactic Republic. Later, the planet was the site of a second battle between the Republic and the Separatists. After the transformation of the Galactic Republic into the Galactic Empire, the planet was placed under Imperial control, but nevertheless hosted rebellious elements.
The Clone WarsEdit
During the Clone Wars, the Alderaanian Senator Bail Organa visited Christophsis to undertake relief work. However, he and his relief mission was trapped by a Separatist fleet led by Admiral Trench. A Republic fleet led by Jedi Generals Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Admiral Wullf Yularen clashed with Trench's fleet and managed to defeat it following a lengthy battle. This enabled the Galactic Republic to deliver vital supplies to Organa and his men.
The Republic then established a military base on Christophsis and began a campaign to retake the planet from Separatist forces under General Whorm Loathsom and Count Dooku's Sith assassin Asajj Ventress. During the fighting, Generals Kenobi and Skywalker hatched a plan to trap Separatist droid forces advancing from two towers. However, their plan failed due to the presence of a traitor within the ranks of the clone trooper forces: Clone Sergeant Slick. Working together, the clone officers Cody and Rex managed to capture Slick. Meanwhile, Kenobi and Skywalker narrowly escaped a trap at the Separatist base set by Ventress.
Despite capturing Slick, the rogue clone trooper had managed to damage several of the Republic's weapons. The Republic forces' problems were further complicated by the advance of Loathsom's Retail Caucus droid forces. Despite being outgunned and outnumbered, the Jedi and Republic were relieved by a young Padawan named Ahsoka Tano, who had been sent by Jedi Master Yoda to be Skywalker's apprentice. Working together, Skywalker and Tano managed to infiltrate the Separatist lines and shut down their deflector shield generator while Kenobi stalled the Separatist forces by "negotiating" with Loathsom. This tactic paid off and the Republic succeeded in turning the tables on the Separatist forces and capturing Loathsom. Newsreels at Kamino's military complex carried reports of the Christophsis campaign.
About two years after the Christophsis campaign, the Confederacy still maintained a military base on the planet that was largely manned by b1 battle droids. After fleeing the Republic Venator-class Star Destroyer Vigilance, the Separatist leader Count Dooku, the turncoat Jedi Master Quinlan Vos, and Ventress crash-landed on Christophsis' surface. By this stage, Ventress had been cast out by Dooku and had struck an alliance with the Jedi in return for helping Vos to kill Dooku. Dooku and Vos were subsequently pursued by a Republic landing force led by Kenobi and Skywalker. Unknown to everyone, Vos secretly planned to get Dooku to lead him to his master Darth Sidious so that he could destroy the Sith once and for all.
After trudging through Christophsis' crystalline landscape, the three travelers reached the Separatist military base. There, Dooku contacted his master Darth Sidious to secure safe passage from Christophsis. Shortly later, the Republic bombarded the Separatist base. In the midst of the bombardment, Dooku attempted to kill Vos with Force lightning but hit Ventress instead. Ventress' death brought Vos back to the light side and he refused to strike down Dooku; realizing that it would only lead him to the dark side. Dooku managed to escape offworld with the help of Sidious while Kenobi and Skywalker took a penitent Vos into custody.
Following the transformation of the Galactic Republic into the Galactic Empire, a rebel cell known as the Spectres raided an Imperial convoy en route to Christophsis in space. This was the second in a string of raids that had snared an Imperial convoy to Ryloth. The rebels then went to raid convoys near Kashyyyk and Toydaria before settling down on the Outer Rim world of Lothal. The Empire also stole the kyber crystals that were holy to the natives and used the kyber crystals for the Death Star.
Rebellious elements traced by the Galactic Empire to the planet Christophsis were found to be responsible for the theft of one of the Empire's medical frigates. The Empire conducted a series of arrests, executed the planet's prime minister for Treason and "pacified" the city of Tophen as an example to the populace, in the hope of quelling radical elements.
Around the time of the Battle of Jakku, five pilgrims from the Church of the Force—the MA-B0 cargo lifter droid Mabo, Addar the human, Jumon the Iakaru, Madrammagath the Elomin, and Uggorda the Duros—undertook a mission to Christophsis to return several stolen kyber crystals. They had been dispatched by the pastor and philanthropist Brin Izisca. Over a thirteen day period, the pilgrims navigated through Christophsis' dangerous terrain. Maddrammagath, Uggorda, and Jumon were killed by several fearsome Force-sensitive creatures called Kyaddak. Despite the deaths of their companions, Mabo and Addar manged to return the crystals to a broken crystal wall. Mabo was destroyed when he fell down a hole while Addar was left to fend off a pack of pursuing Kyaddak.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Cat and Mouse"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Hidden Enemy"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Clone Cadets" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Grievous Intrigue" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Heroes on Both Sides" (Mentioned in datascreen; misspelled "Chrystophsis")
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow Warrior" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Dark Disciple
- Ahsoka (Appears in flashback(s))
- "Orientation"—Star Wars Insider 157
- Tarkin (Mentioned only)
- Rebel Rising (Mentioned only)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels: Ghost Raid
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Lost Commanders" (Mentioned only)
- Leia, Princess of Alderaan (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath: Empire's End
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars Super Graphic: A Visual Guide to a Galaxy Far, Far Away
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- ; images #5–11
- ; image #1 (of 21)
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ "Orientation"—Star Wars Insider 157
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Cat and Mouse"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 6.5 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Hidden Enemy"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 Dark Disciple
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 Aftermath: Empire's End
- ↑ Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 Leia, Princess of Alderaan
- ↑ Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Clone Cadets"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: Ghost Raid