Chromium was an element used in metallic objects, and would provide a mirror shine to the surface. Originally useful in blocking radiation and certain forms of laser attacks, it was used to represent nobility on such planets as Naboo. Non-royal ships were forbidden from using chromium. The J-type 327 Nubian royal starship, J-type diplomatic barge, H-type Nubian yacht and J-type star skiff, all used by Padmé Amidala, were covered in chromium. Also, the royal N-1 starfighters, sometimes used to escort the aforementioned starships, wore partial chromium plating.
Behind the scenesEdit
The term "chromium rush" is obvious based on the real-world "gold rush." Its use helped established the background Aduba-3 as the planetary equivalent of a "ghost town," providing a "Western" setting that was appropriate for Han Solo, a gunslinging "cowboy"-like character. Its kinship to chrome and chromite is uncertain.
- The Starfighter Trap"—Star Wars Gamer 1 "
- Star Wars: Starfighter
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace novel
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace junior novel
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
- Boba Fett: Maze of Deception
- Star Wars: Clone Wars
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
- The Last of the Jedi: A Tangled Web
- The Last of the Jedi: Return of the Dark Side
- The Last of the Jedi: Master of Deception
- The Last of the Jedi: Reckoning
- Lando Calrissian and the Mindharp of Sharu
- Lando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon
- Lando Calrissian and the Starcave of ThonBoka
- Star Wars 7: New Planets, New Perils! (First mentioned)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- The Mandalorian Armor (Appears in flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game (Non-canonical appearance)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Non-canonical appearance)
- The Starhoppers of Aduba-3"—Star Wars Gamer 4 "
- Episode I: The Visual Dictionary
- Living Force Campaign Guide
- Starships of the Galaxy, Saga Edition
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Incredible Vehicles
- Millennium Falcon Owner's Workshop Manual
- Chromium on Wikipedia