Chromium was an element used in metallic objects, and could provide a mirror shine to the surface. Originally useful in blocking radiation and certain forms of laser attacks, it came to represent nobility on such planets as Naboo. Non-royal ships were forbidden from using chromium. The J-type 327 Nubian royal starship, J-type diplomatic barge, H-type Nubian yacht and J-type star skiff, all used by Padmé Amidala, were covered in chromium. Also, the royal N-1 starfighters, sometimes used to escort the aforementioned starships, wore partial chromium plating.
Behind the scenesEdit
The term "chromium rush" evokes the real-world "gold rush." Its use helped established Aduba-3 as the planetary equivalent of a "ghost town," providing a "Western" setting that was appropriate for Han Solo, a gunslinging "cowboy"-like character.[source?] Its kinship to chrome and chromite is uncertain.
Chromium is a real-world metal. It can be added to iron in 11% or more to form stainless steel, among other applications.
- The Starfighter Trap"—Star Wars Gamer 1 "
- Star Wars: Starfighter
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace novel
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace junior novel
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Boba Fett: Maze of Deception
- Star Wars: Clone Wars
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- The Last of the Jedi: A Tangled Web
- The Last of the Jedi: Return of the Dark Side
- The Last of the Jedi: Master of Deception
- The Last of the Jedi: Reckoning
- Lando Calrissian and the Mindharp of Sharu
- Lando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon
- Lando Calrissian and the Starcave of ThonBoka
- Star Wars 7: New Planets, New Perils! (First mentioned)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- The Mandalorian Armor (Appears in flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game (Non-canonical appearance)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Non-canonical appearance)
- Han Solo and the Corporate Sector Sourcebook
- The Starhoppers of Aduba-3"—Star Wars Gamer 4 "
- Star Wars: Episode I The Visual Dictionary
- Living Force Campaign Guide
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 6 (NAB2, Naboo Royal Starship)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 10 (NAB3, Naboo N-1 Starfighter)
- Starships of the Galaxy, Saga Edition
- The Essential Atlas
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Incredible Vehicles
- Millennium Falcon Owner's Workshop Manual
Notes and referencesEdit
- Chromium on Wikipedia