- "We'll monitor your progress on these chronometers. Synchronize on my mark. 3…2…1…mark."
- ―Luminara Unduli
A chronometer, or chrono for short (also referred to as a clock), was a device that measured and kept linear time. They could be found included in most electrical devices, or stand alone versions on walls or desktops and inside starships or vehicles. In ancient times, they existed in the form of pendulum clocks.
Many beings would also carry personal versions for both practical and fashionable reasons: often wrist-worn, these were sometimes described as watches.
Chronos could often be set to follow more than one time standard. Military chronos worn by soldiers and officers were often tuned to local time, ships' time (in the case of naval officers and starship crewers) and Galactic Standard Time, which was based on the Coruscant day and hour.
In his youth Jacen Solo was known for telling several jokes involving a broken chronometer.
Behind the scenesEdit
A chronometer is the Star Wars equivalent of clocks and watches.
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin
- Dark Force Rising Sourcebook
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, Second Edition
- Galladinium's Fantastic Technology
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen, Revised
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Clock on Wikipedia